Create a solid framework for your plan participants
Confronted with increased fiduciary liabilities in this ever-changing retirement landscape, plan sponsors are continuously under pressure to make sure their company’s 401(k) plan offers the best investment lineup options. But with market volatility and varied participation, it is extremely challenging to design a plan which meets the needs of the entire employee population.
Join industry experts who will discuss the latest investment strategies on managing risk in DC plans to best prepare portfolios for the decade ahead and beyond. This conference will go beyond talking about standard features, focusing mainly on issues dominating the 401(k) marketplace such as target-date funds and portfolio diversification. We will explore the latest trends in plan design aimed at generating retirement income and providing security for participants in retirement.
Issues discussed will include:
- Managing inflation risk
- Alternatives exposure for DC participants
- Use of “non-core” asset classes such as: TIPS, commodities and real estate investment trusts (REITS)
- Standalone investment options such as: Emerging market equity, Emerging market debt, Absolute return/hedge funds
- Comparing stable value vs. long term bonds
- Savings preservation vs. high-yield/high-risk investment options
- Engaging younger employees in DC plan participation
- Financial literacy
- Addressing leakage in participants’ accounts
- 2013 Regulatory/compliance and policy changes